Systems Operator II, Full-Time
City of Westbrook, Public Services, Waste Water Division
Salary: $19.91/hour - $21.00/hour
Open for Recruitment Dates: December 17, 2018 until filled
The City of Westbrook has an immediate opening for a Systems Operator II position in the Public Services, Waste Water Division. Under direction, this position performs a variety of maintenance and construction tasks related to public works, particularly in the area of sanitary sewer collection systems; operators all trucks, which includes proficient operation of the “Flush-Vac” unit, skid steer loaders, front end loaders, rollers, compactors, snowplows and snow removal equipment, various types of light equipment and hand tools, as required.
Any combination equivalent to graduation from high school and three years of experience in the field of construction or work relating to public works particularly in the area of sewer collection systems.
- Must possess a valid State of Maine commercial driver’s license, Class B with a Tank endorsement.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Grade II level of the Voluntary Collection Systems Certification.
- Ability to operate all types of trucks and light equipment common to public works and sewer related collection operations.
- Ability to follow and understand oral and written instructions.
- Knowledge of construction and maintenance equipment techniques and characteristics of materials used in public works and sewer collection operations.
- Ability to learn and apply safety standards and practices.
- Intermediate computer skills with the ability to learn and successfully use new computers and associated software programs as needed.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with the public and employees.
- Ability to learn, grow, and develop.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
If you are interested in applying for this position, prepare a cover letter highlighting your experience and qualifications that make you a strong candidate for the position and the knowledge, skills and abilities required.
Include resume, three references (to include one work-related reference) and complete employment application – general form. Please submit electronically via email.
The application is available at http://www.westbrookmaine.com/Jobs.aspx
The City of Westbrook is not responsible for late receipt of applications due to electronic transmission malfunctions.
Job offer to new hire is conditional upon verification of a background check which may include: credentials, criminal records, and driver’s license check, and professional license requirements if applicable.
For additional information or to submit all required application packet documentation electronically contact Debbie Comeau, HR Generalist, at email@example.com.
The City of Westbrook offers a generous competitive benefit package including holidays, vacation and sick leave, medical, dental, vision, retirement, life insurance, income protection plan and additional optional outsourced vendors. All benefits are subject to change and options based on employee elections.
The City of Westbrook, Maine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ancestry, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, physical or mental disability or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Additional information on the City of Westbrook may be viewed at the following sites:
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds