The Town of Ogunquit, “Beautiful Place by the Sea” is seeking applicants for a Deputy Town Clerk/Deputy Treasurer who will provide administrative and fiscal support to the Town Treasurer and the Town Clerk. We are seeking a person who has a strong work ethic, is organized, detail oriented, and who demonstrates exemplary customer service skills.
This is a highly responsible position that requires a high degree of interaction with the public while handling and processing confidential information. The Deputy Town Clerk/Deputy Treasurer has primary responsibility for assisting the Treasurer in the custody, disbursement and investment of Town funds including payroll and accounts payable/receivable functions. This position assists the Town Clerk with a variety of routine and complex administrative functions relating to the recording and retention of official Town records; assists customers with various registrations and licenses at the counter; assists with election duties; runs various reports. The position requires considerable knowledge of cash handling, cash reconciliation procedures, payroll processing, accounts payable and receivable. The successful candidate will be adept at performing a variety of tasks and able to adapt to changing circumstances.
This position reports to the Town Clerk. The work week is Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., although the employee may need to work in the evenings during elections occasionally. The Town offers a competitive wage and benefit package
Essential skills and knowledge include:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, developing and maintaining Excel spreadsheets, entering data accurately, and managing an extensive data base.
- Ability to accurately perform daily reconciliation of daily work/cash drawer.
- Considerable knowledge of accounts payable and ability to receive and process bills in a timely manner.
- Considerable knowledge of preparing and processing payroll.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills, ability to communicate effectively and in a professional manner.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with the public and co-workers.
- Ability to exercise initiative, good judgement, and work as a contributing member of a team to advance the overall success of the organization.
- Ability to cope with difficult situations courteously, tactfully, and with respect.
- Maintain confidentiality, act with integrity, and produce quality work in a safe and efficient manner.
Qualified Candidates are invited to apply as follows:
Forward a cover letter, resume and 3 professional references via e-mail to
email@example.com please put “Deputy Town Clerk/Deputy Treasurer” in the subject line
or via mail to:
Office of the Town Manager
PO Box 875
Ogunquit, ME 03907-0875
Attn: Human Resources
We will accept applications until the position is filled. Review of applications will begin immediately.
The Town of Ogunquit is committed to diversity in its workforce.
We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds