The City of Lebanon is seeking a Systems Information & Technology Administrator who also embraces the skills, knowledge, and experience of network administration. Primary duties will assist the Public Works Department with day-to-day technical support of computers, laptops and digital devices through a Help Desk ticketing system, as well as metamorphous to a focus on network administration Citywide.
The Network Administrator mecca will command the comprehensive and extensive knowledge of network design, network security, systems installation & configuration, and maintenance to the computer networks and systems including software, VPNs, routers and other physical hardware and other network operations.
The successful candidate for this position will require an extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 products (Cert. Preferred/not req.), Cisco switches/firewalls/routers (Cisco Cert. Preferred/not req.) and must possess the abilities to communicate well with staff, directors, and vendors, prioritize tickets and duties and responsibilities, use good judgement, troubleshoot, analyze & resolve issues; and find solutions to achieve efficiency and effectiveness with city initiatives. 5+ years of previous network administration is preferred.
This is an exempt salary, Grade 13, with a weekly salary range of $1,509.21 to $2,037.39. This position requires responding to emergency situations after hours including weekends when necessary due to 24/7/365 City operations. The City offers a full and extensive comprehensive flexible benefits package including health, dental, life, and disability insurance, paid vacation, sick & personal time, and enrollment & City contribution into the New Hampshire Retirement System.
An in-depth background search and criminal records check is required to the satisfaction of the City along with a driver’s license with a clean/acceptable driving record.
Apply via the City’s Career Portal application system at LebanonNH.gov/Jobs.
This position will remain open until filled.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provide help desk assistance, both in person and over the phone for all industry standard and third-party information systems. Computer software to be supported includes Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Power Point), Windows operating systems and numerous other applications used throughout the organization.
• Provide helpdesk escalation support including vendor communications as necessary.
• Provide support for telephone system to included user moves, adds, and changes within the system; and configure phones, voicemail.
• Provide on-call support for Emergency Services information technology as needed.
Net Administration Duties & Responsibilities:
• Design, Install and support LANs, WANs, and network segments
• Install, maintain and troubleshoot network hardware and software
• Analyze and isolate issues
• Monitor networks to ensure security and availability
• Evaluate and modify system’s performance
• Identify user needs
• Determine network and system requirements
• Maintain integrity of the network, server deployment, and security
• Ensure network connectivity throughout the City’s LAN/WAN infrastructure is on par with technical considerations.
• Assign routing protocols and routing table configuration
• Maintain network servers
• Administer servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, software deployment, security updates and patches.
• Work with the Cyber Services Director on defining, documenting, and carrying out department policies and procedures.
• Establish work plan in cooperation with the Cyber Services Director to establish and achieve department-wide goals and standards and in maintaining consistency with the City’s mission in all projects.
• Participate in the development of annual Cyber Services operating and capital improvement budgets.
• Evaluate and make recommendations for the purchase of new information system solutions for all City departments.
• Assist others in the department as needed with basic technical problem resolution and end user support for desktop equipment and software.
• Provide on-call technical support on a rotating basis with the Cyber Services Support Specialists according to the department call-in plan.
• Research current technologies to make knowledgeable suggestions to the Cyber Services Director for the purchase of new hardware and software solutions to meet City needs.
• Design and build new servers with the latest Microsoft Windows operating systems to Cyber Services Department specifications.
• Maintain and upgrade the desktop and server operating systems and installed applications as required. Applications include firewall, internal and external web site, enterprise mail and electronic communications, file and print, database, information security and departmentally specific solutions.
• Install, maintain, and support information security solutions such as virus and malware prevention, detection, protection, and monitoring systems.
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds