Canceled – May be rescheduled later in the year
Location: Hilton Garden Inn Freeport Downtown, 5 Park Street, Freeport ME 04032
Time: Registration: 8:30-9:00 am / Workshop: 9:00am-4:00 pm
Cost: MMA Members: $85 | Non-Members: $170
Instructor: Nancy Ansheles, M.Ed., Owner of Catalyst & Co., Portland
This workshop is designed to help everyone, from municipal staff leaders to elected officials, prepare for, run and conclude effective meetings. It does not provide legal advice. It is not meant to help attendees learn about the legal requirements of running public meetings. It will advise attendees on the best ways to deal with complicated subjects, troublesome interrupters – and more.
During this workshop, you will:
1. Observe, practice and evaluate factors that contribute to successful meetings.
2. Review criteria on when to hold a meeting and when to not hold one.
3. Identify the importance of an agenda and key elements to include.
4. Practice an effective four-step meeting format to ensure success.
5. Recognize individual roles and group stages.
6. Practice facilitation skills to lead discussions, expand ideas, make decisions and handle
7. Write and commit to an action plan to apply the skills on the job.
This course applies to the Maine Town, City and County Management Association Certification Program as 6 credits in the Leadership category.