Location: The Rangeley Inn and Tavern, 2443 Main St., Rangeley, ME
Time: Registration - 4:00 - 4:30 pm | Program - 4:30 - 8:30 pm
Cost: MMA Member Municipality/Patron: $55.00 | Non-Member Municipality: $110.00
Instructor(s): Attorneys and staff from the MMA Legal Services and Communication and Educational Services Department
This workshop is a “must” for newly elected and veteran officials - councilors & selectpersons as well as a wonderful opportunity to learn key points of your new position while networking with officials from around the state. (Qualifies as Maine FOAA Training.)
A perfect opportunity for elected officials to take advantage of the expertise that the Maine Municipal Association has to offer, attain a better understanding of their role as public officials, and stay abreast of ever-changing local government responsibilities and issues.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What are our rights and duties as officials?
- Can we hold multiple offices?
- Which of our meetings are open to the public?
- Must we have an agenda and take minutes?
- What ordinances can we enact?
- What authority do we have over the schools?
- What are our liabilities and immunities?
- What is a disqualifying conflict of interest?
Participants may find it helpful to bring their Municipal Officers Manual (2016). To order, call MMA Publications at (800) 452-8786 to place an order.