Location: Maine Municipal Association, 60 Community Drive, Augusta
Time: Registration: 8:30 - 9:00 am | Class: 9:00 - 4:00 pm
Cost: MMA Member Municipality/Patron: $75.00; Non-Member Municipality: $150.00
Instructor: Margaret Noel, Deputy Director, Augusta Civic Center, City of Augusta
In today’s environment of shrinking budgets and increased public frustration, municipal employees are constantly challenged with how to balance the needs and demands of citizens with exceptional public service. This course will focus on key strategies that public employees can use when interacting with citizens, fellow staff and vendors. Using key customer service techniques, as well as a little humor, participants will be able to learn through interactive discussion and activities how to apply these techniques in their roles as municipal employees and public servants.
Through interactive discussion and activity, this workshop will walk participants through the customer service cycle, and target key strategies for implementing and maintaining an exceptional customer service plan. Focus areas will be:
-Defining Real Customer Service and How to Recognize Your Customers’ Needs
- Who are Your Customers?
- A Walk-Through of Customer Service Types and How to Offer a Personalized Approach
- Exploring the Psychology of Customer Service
- The Art of Language - it’s not just what you say-it’s how you say it
- The Cycle of Service and the Customer Experience - how to make and hold onto the connection
- Owning the Customer’s Issue and True Empowerment
- Defusing the Bomb! Key Steps to Conflict Resolution
- Strategies to Maintain Excellent Service Standards