Location: Union Town Hall, 567 Common Road, Union
Time: Registration: 8:00 - 8:30 a.m. Workshop: 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Cost: MMA Member Municipality/Patron: $70.00; Non-Member Municipality: $140.00
Instructor: Jack Smith, Consultant, The Smith Group
This class is designed to meet the needs of participants from cities who will fall into three categories:
- Municipal staff and officials who are completely new to grant writing and need a basic understanding of the process.
- Municipal staff and officials who are currently working on a grant-writing project and are facing specific grant writing problems and issues.
- Municipal staff and officials who are successful practitioners in the field and are seeking specialized information and advanced insights into grant project development.
This grant writing training program will offer several benefits and outcomes for the participants and municipalities.
This workshop will help participants:
- produce high quality grant proposals
- win competitive grant awards
- identify and analyze funding resources
- design and manage programs
- conduct research on the internet
- improve their writing skills
- understand the fund development process when serving on boards
Other benefits to municipalities include:
- improved and better use of staff time in the grant writing process
- more grant monies awarded
- better managed cities because grants are business plans
- organizational and project survival and growth
- enhanced professional image