Location: Hutchinson Center (Room 138C), 80 Belmont Ave., Belfast, ME 04915
Time: Registration: 8:30 a.m. | Course: 9:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.
Cost: MMA Members: $75 | Non-members: $150
Instructor: Nancy Ansheles, M.Ed., Owner of Catalyst and Company for 23 years, based in Portland
Who Should Attend:
Anyone who leads or participates in meetings that could be improved. This hands-on
workshop will offer practical tips to increase collaboration and results in team, staff, and
board meetings. This course applies to the Maine Town, City and County Management
Association Certification Program as 6 credits in the Leadership category.
During this workshop, you will:
1. Observe, practice and evaluate factors that contribute to successful meetings.
2. Review criteria on when to hold a meeting and when to not hold one.
3. Identify the importance of an agenda and key elements to include.
4. Practice an effective four-step meeting format to ensure success.
5. Recognize individual roles and group stages.
6. Practice facilitation skills to lead discussions, expand ideas, make decisions
and handle challenging participants.
7. Write and commit to an action plan to apply the skills on the job.