The City of Westbrook is an active growing community with multi-generational citizens, cultures and economic development, such as Rock Row. The community has a variety of spectacular community events. Westbrook is the happening place to be! Come join our outstanding team.
The City of Westbrook is seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to perform maintenance and repair of municipal buildings, parking garage, and other facilities as assigned while performing a variety of semi-skilled and skilled building trade duties including carpentry, remodeling, painting, plumbing, roofing and a variety of other building maintenance work. The Facilities Technician would work under the general direction of the Building Superintendent and would ensure work quality and adhere to established policies and procedures.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities (Illustrative Only)
- Perform maintenance and safety services required by facilities owned by the City of Westbrook.
- Assist Building Superintendent with in daily operations of repair and maintenance; promptly handles all maintenance problems within the department areas of responsibility.
- Be available on call 24/7 to respond to emergency situations.
- Assist in maintaining appropriate records of facility maintenance, preventative maintenance and repairs.
- Assists with the coordination of facilities projects, both renovation and new construction from the initiation stage through planning, design and construction.
- Manages special projects as directed by their supervisor consisting of small capital projects to procurement of equipment and services, project management and coordination among employees and other customers both within and outside the department.
- Perform general maintenance tasks such as painting, minor plumbing repairs and carpentry work.
- Ensure the efficient and prompt handling of all department work orders and requests.
- Assist in assuring compliance with all safety guidelines and policies as established by the City of Westbrook.
- Have a reasonable working knowledge of maintenance equipment and tools such as power and hand tools.
- Maintain appropriate inventory and requisition supplies, tools and equipment, as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe working environment with continual emphasis on promotion employee health and safety.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Building Superintendent.
Education, Training & Experience
High school diploma or equivalent required and minimum of (2) years’ experience in building maintenance or another related field. Must possess a current Maine driver’s license.
Requirements of Work
- Working knowledge of electrical, plumbing and mechanical systems.
- Excellent trouble shooting and diagnostic skills. Ability to define problems and resolve them quickly.
- Strong interpersonal as well as written and oral communication skills.
- Familiar with local building codes, OSHA regulations, and health and safety regulations.
- Ability to work well with ever changing priorities and or situations.
- Basic to intermediate level skills with Microsoft Office.
- Must work well with people at all levels within City departments.
Moderate physical effort required, involving long periods of standing/walking, climbing ladders, lifting moderately heavy objects up to 80 lbs. and more weight with assistance. Manual dexterity is necessary to perform maintenance tasks, do repairs, and handle boxes, tools and supplies. Must be able to operate/use telephone, computer, and basic maintenance equipment. Must be able to obtain a certificate of operation for a fork lift (gas or propane). Sufficient vision and hearing to perform the essential functions of the job are required.
This opportunity offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package that includes: Health and Dental Insurance; Vacation, Sick and Holiday Time; as well as Retirement Benefits.
Interested candidates should electronically submit a resume, cover letter and references to Debbie Comeau, HR Generalist, at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, April 26, 2019.
The City of Westbrook is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds