Water Department Operator – Lisbon, Maine --An Equal Opportunity Employer
The Lisbon Water Department is seeking a State of Maine Class 2 or higher Treatment and Distribution licensed water operator to provide excellent service to our customers.
For more information go to https://www.lisbonme.org/water-department/pages/employment
• High school diploma or equivalent and 2 years’ experience in an equivalent position with positive evaluations and proof of the following:
• Must have and maintain a valid Maine driver’s license free from violations.
• Must have and maintain a State of Maine Class II or higher water operator license in Water Treatment and Distribution.
• Should have experience in or willingness to learn Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Must be able to take On-Call Rotation.
• Must live within 30 minutes of LWD office
• Must be able to perform their job responsibilities independently with a positive attitude and respect in a team based environment.
• Must have or the ability to obtain a backflow prevention device tester certification within one year of hire.
• Assist in completing monthly sampling and the compliance reports submitted to the State.
Respond to emergencies as necessary at all hours and in all weather conditions.
• Follow all safety, maintenance, and regulatory policies and procedures.
• Review and assist with complaints concerning water issues.
• Assist in maintaining the Water Department vehicles and facilitating the necessary maintenance.
• Assist in the overall general maintenance of the Water Department grounds and facilities to maintain a clean, safe and efficient environment.
• Assist in executing all work orders issued including collections and disconnections of water service.
• Assist with job order data entry as needed.
• Assist in maintenance and daily procedures of the filtration plant, pumps, stations, and standpipes as required and communicate progress to produce report information.
• Assist in maintaining, exercising, and testing of meters, hydrants, valves, and curb stops.
• Assist in completing regular monthly meter reading as well as daily miscellaneous readings as requested via the work order process.
Qualified individuals should submit an application and/or resume to:
Lisbon Water Department
Attn: William G. Alexander, Jr., Superintendent
639 Lisbon Street, Lisbon Falls, ME. 04252
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The Lisbon Water Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer.