Request for Proposals
The Town of Belgrade invites proposals for the cleaning of the Belgrade Town Office, 990 Augusta Road, Belgrade, Maine.
Scope of Work
- General Cleaning
To be performed at each cleaning:
- Empty all trash and shreds and dispose of accordingly
- Glass on entrance doors / office doors (exterior side as needed and weather permitting). Glass on exterior walls (in and outside) to be cleaned upon request for additional fees
- Bathrooms: wash in and outside of toilet and sink, clean mirror, spot clean walls, refill supplies as needed, clean/mop floor
- Breakroom: wipe down counters, sink, exterior of microwave and refrigerator, coffee maker, spot wash walls as needed, clean/mop floors
- Vacuum/dry mop all open floor space and wet mop applicable areas, all as needed
- Wipe down and disinfect front counters and conference room tables
To be performed weekly:
- Dust all open areas in offices, conference rooms, and common spaces (tops of computers/monitors, printers, picture frames/signs, around doors/windows, tables, office equipment, baseboards, stairwells, etc.) Vertical surfaces to be dusted periodically as needed. Remove cobwebs as needed.
- Employees are responsible for their individual desk areas
To be performed periodically as needed:
Contractor to provide cleaning equipment and supplies. The Town of Belgrade to provide paper towels, toilet paper, soap, and trash liners and may also be asked to provide any specifically required cleaning products.
Contractor will leave notice of any irregularities noted during cleaning (i.e. defective plumbing or electrical fixtures, doors or windows left unlocked or open, lights left on, shortages of paper/trash supplies, etc.)
Contractor will turn off lights except those required to be left on, close any doors or windows left open, and set security alarm system.
- Washing interior/ exterior windows and applicable floor finishing, for an additional fee. Initial and periodic “deep” cleaning upon request/necessity for an additional fee.
Time Of Work
- Office to be cleaned three (3) times weekly November - April and two (2) times weekly May - October.
- All cleaning are to be performed outside the range of normal business/scheduled meeting hours. Friday cleanings may be performed any time prior to start of the next business day. Holidays may alter the cleaning schedule and will be adjusted as mutually agreed upon.
Copies of your proposals, clearly marked, “CLEANING SERVICES PROPOSAL”, will be accepted by the Town of Belgrade, 990 Augusta Road, Belgrade, Maine 04917, until May 10, 2019 at 4:15 pm. They will be opened by the Town Manager at 4:15 pm on May 10, 2019.
Proposals will then be reviewed by the Town Manager, Treasurer, and Board of Selectmen and then may be awarded on Tuesday, May 21, 2019, at their next regularly scheduled Select Board meeting at 6:30 p.m.
Cleaning companies who want additional information or clarification should contact the Town of Belgrade. Any inquiries should be directed to Melanie Alexander, Treasurer, 990 Augusta Road, Belgrade, ME 04917, 495-2258, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds