Per Diem Firefighter/EMT - Town of Durham
The Town of Durham, Maine is currently seeking qualified applicants to fill the role of Per Diem Firefighter/EMT. Durham is a bedroom community in Androscoggin County bordered by several larger metropolitan areas.
The Durham Fire and Rescue Department receives an average of over 300 emergency calls each year. These emergencies include house and car fires, automobile accidents, wildfires, Emergency Medical Service calls and more. We utilize a combination staffing model consisting of a full-time Fire Rescue Chief, part-time cross trained Office Manager, volunteer Assistant Chief, volunteer fire and rescue members and supplemental per-diem staff.
This is skilled firefighting and emergency medical work consisting of combating, extinguishing, and preventing fires. Duties include responding to a wide range of fire suppression and medical emergencies in a community encompassing 39 square miles with a year round population of approximately 4,000. Work involves training for and participating in duties of protecting life and property through performing firefighting and rescue activities. Work is generally performed as a member of a team. Employees in this role participate in the performance of potentially hazardous tasks under emergency conditions which may require strenuous exertion. Secondary job duties include routine station maintenance, equipment maintenance, and varied department duties. Specific orders and assignments are given by the supervising officer, both on emergency responses and at the fire station.
- At least 18 years of age and demonstrate availability of reliable transportation
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Clean driving record with acceptable background check
- Must be at least a Maine Licensed EMT-Basic and AVOC
- The person filling this position must be mature, honest, compassionate, able to work well with others, and willing and able to interact positively with the public. The candidate must be prepared to respond to Fire and EMS calls in all types of weather, day or night.
**Preference will be given to AEMT/Paramedic and/or Certified FFI/II.
Apply online: https://www.durhamme.com/sites/durhamme/files/uploads/application_for_membership_fire.pdf
Applications will be taken until suitable hiring list achieved. For additional information call 207.353.2473
-Equal Opportunity Employer-
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds