Customer Service Representative - Temporary through December 31st, 2019. $15/hour - Greater Portland Metro
Primarily responsible for providing effective customer service for all internal and external METRO customers by utilizing excellent, in-depth knowledge of company products and programs while providing transit service information, sell bus passes and tickets to the public at the METRO Customer Service Center. Responsibilities also include the daily counting of passenger revenues and prepares deposit summaries of all revenues from the sales and collections of passes and tickets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Provides detailed transit service information to the public including but not limited to bus routes, schedules, bus stop locations, transfers, bus identification, passenger fares, agency policies. Transit schedules and other user informational aids are given out as requested. Also provides information on other regional transportation providers. Responds to customer inquiries in person, by phone and electronic mediums as required.
- Documents and responds to passenger complaints, suggestions, and requests for service changes and communicates information to supervisors
- Booth operations include monthly bus pass and ticket sales to the public. Operates an electronic cash register, balance sales receipts against cash received and complete related clerical work as required.
- Will be expected to work varying shifts and times, including on normal days off, weekends, holidays and coming in early or staying late when it is deemed necessary.
- Assists in performing of basic money counting functions on a daily basis that include emptying revenue mobile bins, operate money room machines and assist in the preparation of daily deposits for pick-up by the armored car service.
- Follows all applicable policies and procedures for money room security, cash handling money counting and revenue information reporting.
- Responsible for onsite monitoring of the condition and the activity at the facility
- Balance daily receipts and assists in preparing various daily revenue information reports.
- Staffs and assists at events as necessary
- Work cooperatively with all levels of personnel.
- Attends in-service training, seminars or other opportunities for professional development as made available by the District. Actively participates in staff meetings, trainings, etc.
- Has thorough working knowledge of the Regional Transit system, policies and procedures.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Essential Aptitudes, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills and has social perceptiveness skills, bilingual communication is a plus.
- Possess and ability to maintain a high level of customer service and be service minded.
- Ability to problem solve, think strategically for the short and long term.
- Required ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to learn quickly and work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to multi task and still be organized and detail oriented.
- Computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs.
- A high degree of financial accuracy is necessary.
- Possess highly competent time management skills.
- High commitment to agency values and mission.
- Possession of a High School Diploma/GED, preference given for Associates Degree.
- One (1) year of office and/or customer service experience with emphasis on telephone operations and public contact preferred.
- Knowledge of region and transit system is preferred.
Minimum Physical Requirements
- Ability to sit and/or stand for up to 8 hours per day
- Occasional standing, walking, crouching, kneeling, pulling and pushing
- Occasional lifting and carrying objects up to 50lbs
Download an application at https://me-gptransit.civicplus.com/DocumentCenter/View/248/Metro-Job-Application2018-fillable. Applications accepted until May 28th, 2019 at 4:30 p.m.
Send completed application, cover letter and resume to:
Human Resource Department
114 Valley St. Portland, Maine 04102
Greater Portland Metro is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected Veteran status
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds