Position Title: Truck Driver/Laborer
Department: Public Works
Reports to: Highway Maintenance Supervisor
Shift Requirements: Mon.-Thurs. 6AM – 4:30PM (7 months) Mon.-Fri. 7AM-3:30PM (5 months)
Interviews may be held concurrently with this posting.
Summary: Truck Driver/Laborers operate dump trucks and light equipment (such as loader, roller, bobcat, pick up truck) to provide routine preventive maintenance and construction services on the Town's roads and drainage systems; and perform unskilled manual labor using chain saw and hand tools to accomplish assigned tasks. Truck Driver/Laborers perform assigned tasks under the general guidance of the Public Works Director and the direct supervision of the Highway Supervisor.
- Operate dump trucks to perform road and drainage system construction and maintenance including road building and hauling various materials.
- Operate loader, roller, bobcat, etc. to maintain streets, sidewalks and roadsides.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance of equipment including checking fluid levels, air pressures, greasing.
- Perform manual labor such as filling in potholes, hot-topping, installing lights and road signs, shoveling, raking, cutting brush and trees and building catch basins.
- Install, repair and maintain culverts and storm drains.
- Practice proper safety procedures and proper operation of equipment.
- Provide traffic control (flagging) at job sites.
- Interact and coordinate with supervisors, other employees, and the general public for overall effectiveness of the Public Works Department.
- High School Diploma or equivalent;
- Valid Class B or Class A State of Maine driver’s license, and ability to keep current with the CDL drug testing program;
- One (1) year of experience dump trucks in the construction field required;
- One (1) year of experience in road construction and maintenance required;
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience which demonstrates possession of the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position such as patch roads, shovel, rake, lift up to 80 pounds, operate chainsaw, etc.
Deadline for resumes or applications is May 24, 2019 by 4:00 p.m. Applications available at Town Manager’s Office or online. Please submit via email to email@example.com , Fax: 207.892.1910 or mail: Town of Windham, Human Resources Director, 8 School Road, Windham, ME 04062.
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds