Per Diem Firefighter/EMT
The Town of Berwick Fire Department is accepting applications for the position of Per Diem Firefighter/EMS Provider.
The department is attempting to establish a "pool" of per diem employees for regular shifts. The per diem firefighter will be partnered with a full-time firefighter/EMT and will primarily serve as a driver/operator.
The Berwick Fire Department is a combination-staffed department, consisting of 5 full-time personnel and approximately 20 on-call members. The department provides non-transport emergency medical services in conjunction with American Ambulance (our transport provider). The department currently responds to over 900 calls annually.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent: any equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered at the Town’s discretion.
• Firefighter 1 or equivalent
• EVOC certification
• Valid Driver’s License
• Driver Operator certification which includes pumps
• Valid Maine EMT-B or higher license
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, nights and weekends
All individuals considered for the position must have clean driving and criminal records. A background check is completed on all individuals considered for hire. This is a non-union position.
Applications may be obtained at the Berwick Fire Department or on line at the Town of Berwick web site at www.berwickmaine.org
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds