Town of Wiscasset
Request for Bids – Winter Sand
The Wiscasset Board of Selectmen is requesting bids for supplying the Town’s winter sand for the 2019-2020 stockpile in accordance with the specifications herein contained.
Special Notice to Vendors:
- To receive consideration, bids must be submitted on the form provided by the Town Office. Click here for bid form or contact The Town Office at 207-882-8200 for the bid form. The form may be reproduced.
- Bids must be submitted in a sealed envelope, plainly marked on the outside:
“Winter Sand Bid,” and shall be addressed to:
Town of Wiscasset
Att: Town Manager
51 Bath Road
Wiscasset, ME 04578
OR: hand-delivered in a sealed envelope to the Town Office at 51 Bath Road, Wiscasset, ME.
- All bids must be received no later than 4:00 p.m., Tuesday, August 6, 2019. The bids will be opened publicly at the Board of Selectmen’s meeting starting at 6p.m. Contractors or their representatives are cordially invited to attend the opening.
- The contract, if approved, shall be awarded within (2) weeks after review by the Board of Selectmen, Town Manager, and Road Commissioner. The Wiscasset Board of Selectmen reserves the right to reject any or all bids, to waive any technicality or formality in the bids, and to accept any bid the Board deems to be in the best interests of the Town. The quality of the sand must be approved by the Road Commissioner.
- The town of Wiscasset reserves the right to refuse any or all loads at the discretion of the Road Commissioner.
- Inspection of proposed sand stock by Road Commissioner may be required prior to official award of bid to confirm consistency and quantity of product.
- Any questions or requests for additional information shall be directed to Ted Snowdon, Road Commissioner. Phone the Town Garage 207/882-8220.
- Bids must be for sand that is live and sharp and screened to pass a 1/4-inch maximum size mesh.
- Bids must be on a cubic yard basis for the live, sharp, screened winter sand.
- All bids should include delivery to the Town Garage at 42 Hodge Street, Wiscasset, Maine.
- Availability of the live, sharp, screened winter sand is required by October 15, 2019.
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds