The Town of Sabattus is currently accepting bids for the labor, equipment, and materials necessary to demolish the primary buildings 921 Middle Road, Sabattus/430 Ridge Road, Lisbon per the attached specifications.
Bidders should include separate lump sum bids for each building, but the bid will be awarded to the lowest, responsive, responsible bidder based on the combined total of all three bids.
The Town of Sabattus reserves the right to accept and reject any and all bids and portions of bids when deemed to be in the best interest of the Town, and to waive any minor discrepancy or technicality in the bid specifications. Bidders to provide evidence of the following minimum insurance coverages.
Worker Compensation: Workers’ Compensation, coverage with Statutory Limits and Employers Liability for all employees with limits of $400,000 per incident; and in case any work is sublet, the Contractor shall require the sub-contractor similarly to provide coverage for the latter’s employees unless such employees are covered by the protection afforded the Contractor.
Automotive Liability Insurance: Automotive Liability insurance with minimum limits of liability for bodily injury in the amount of $400,000 for each occurrence and minimum limits of liability for property damage in the amount of $50,000/$100,000 aggregate.
General Liability Insurance: General Liability insurance with minimum limits of liability for bodily injury in the amount of $500,000 for each occurrence and minimum limits of liability for property damage in the amount of $50,000/$100,000 aggregate, or a combined single limit of $500,000 for each occurrence, including completed operations shall be required.
Sealed bids to be submitted to the Town Office Attn: Town Manager Anthony Ward by September 9, 2019 at 10:00 AM. I can be reached at 375-4331ext. 1107 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT
PART 1: GENERAL
1.01 SCOPE: Contractor agrees and undertakes the demolition of primary structure at 921 Middle Road, Sabattus/430 Ridge Road, Lisbon in their entirety, including removal of foundations.
A. Demolition of the aforesaid structures
B. Securing all demolition permits from the State of Maine, or the Town of Sabattus and paying for any fees required with respect to such permit;
C. Removal of all debris from the site including any and all hazardous materials requiring special permits and disposal requirements.
D. The Contractor is responsible for all tipping fees.
E. The Contractor shall identify the disposal site to be used prior to contract signing;
F. Disconnection and capping of any water or sewer service(s) currently connected within the project;
G. Foundation walls, shall be removed completely unless directed otherwise by the Code Enforcement Officer. Concrete floor shall be broken up, removed and cellar hole filled as directed by Code Enforcement Officer as part of the base bid;
H. Compliance at all times and at Contractor’s sole cost, during the period of demolition, with the requirements of the laws of the United States and the State of Maine, and the ordinances of the Town of Sabattus, including, without limitations, conformity with the reasonable demands of the Sabattus Fire Department.
I. Securing the demolition area during the period of demolition at all times by reasonable means acceptable to the Sabattus Police Department or the Code Enforcement Officer. In the event it shall be or become necessary to temporarily close any streets, Contractor shall, prior to commencement of the work, notify the Sabattus Police Department Dispatch Center of the temporary closing of such streets.
J. Any pavement removed shall be disposed of by the Contractor.
K. Buildings will be demolished in a safe and orderly way and comply with all State and Federal regulations. Neighbors’ areas must be policed every day for any debris on his/her properties.
L. During the course of the demolition project, the Contractor must practice dust control by wetting down the building and its debris during the active part of demolishing the building and loading the debris onto the transport vehicles.
M. The contractor shall maintain control of the site from the start of demolition until complete. The perimeter of the site shall be demarcated for No Entry and signs to that affect shall be posted.
N. Amount of Loam/Seed will be done as directed by Code Enforcement Officer once demolition has been completed. (Unit price to reflect Loam/Seed/Mulch of area designated.)
PART 2: EXECUTION
2.01 DEMOLITION OR RELOCATION
A. Demolish all structures covered by this contract including all exterior steps, platforms and underpinning and foundation walls, etc. in accordance with the following terms and conditions:
- The structures and their components are to be demolished in such a manner as to prevent dust, dirt and undue noise from the operation From becoming a nuisance in the area.
- Cellars are to be cleared of all combustible and perishable material and of all tanks and piping. Tanks used for the storage of fuel oil or other flammable materials shall be removed in accordance with the regulations of the Sabattus Fire Department and Maine Department of Public Safety.
- Stone, concrete and masonry walls, chimneys, etc. shall be completely removed.
- No structures shall be removed substantially as a whole. All structures shall be demolished completely on the premises. Masonry walls, piers, columns or chimneys shall be demolished in small sections. All floor construction over basements or cellars shall be completely removed regardless of whether they are above or below existing ground level.
- Contractor shall remove all tanks (water, gas, oil, etc.) and piping. Should underground oil tanks be identified, they shall be part of the project and the cost shall be part of the bid.
- Once the work of demolition is started, it shall be continued to completion, uninterrupted except for Sundays and holidays or acts beyond the contractor’s control. Material shall be removed from the site as quickly as possible and not be stored on site.
- The contractor shall comply with all applicable laws and ordinances.
- The contractor must exercise proper care in loading so that no waste or salvage material is strewed on public streets, neither during loading nor en route to the dumping site. Any material spilled on public streets will be promptly cleaned up and removed by the contractor.
B. After the demolition and removal work have been accomplished, the site shall be cleared of all obstructions. Site shall be brought to grade as directed by the Code Enforcement Officer.
2.02 CLEAN UP
A. All debris resulting from the operation under this contract and all tools and apparatus are to be removed from the site at the completion of the work and the site left clear and free from hazards, to the satisfaction of the Code Enforcement Officer.
For further details contact Town Manger Anthony Ward at email@example.com
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds