The Maine Public Employees Retirement System is seeking an Insurance Programs Business Unit Leader. Under the general direction of a senior manager, this position is responsible for understanding and providing guidance regarding all the work that must be accomplished in the Insurance Programs Unit, where focused responsibilities reside. This position is the subject matter expert regarding the processes and legal provisions that apply to completion of that work. The incumbent is the primary technical resource relied on by staff and management regarding work that is within the scope of this position. Success in this position requires that technical and interpersonal skill be consistently exercised in a manner that guarantees the delivery of expected results and ongoing collaboration with their Team Administrator.
COMPETENCIES: (An incumbent exceling at the Essential Duties will possess these qualities.)
- Builds collaborative relationships through: partnerships that result in the accomplishment of shared objectives; relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups; and, formal and informal networks.
- Influences people by: utilizing multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of different audiences having unique needs; and, creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives.
- Focuses on performance by being, and holding others, accountable for meeting commitments.
- Makes complex decisions by making sense of complex, high quantity and sometimes contradictory information that result in good and timely actions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Embodies authenticity as the result of gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty and integrity.
- Optimizes talent by: building teams that apply the skills and perspectives needed to achieve common goals; developing people to meet their career goals and the organizations goals; and, attracting and selecting the talent needed to meet current and future business needs.
- Understands MainePERS’ business by: taking actions that build and maintain strong customer relationships and deliver customer-centered solutions; and, anticipating and adopting innovations in technology that benefit the business.
- Creates new and different approaches that improve organizational success.
- Creates openness through using feedback and reflection to gain insight into personal strengths and weaknesses, and actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged.
- Maintains flexibility and adaptability by actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures for learning; rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations; and, employs situational adaptability by adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- Associates degree in a relevant field with at least three (3) years of experience as the subject matter expert regarding the duties described in this classification statement; OR,
- At least 5-years of experience as the subject matter expert regarding the duties described in this classification statement.
Salary begins at $53,268.80 (annualized) with excellent benefits. To apply, please forward your resume and introductory letter with three references by 5:00 PM on Monday, September 30, 2019 to HR@MainePERS.org or via mail to:
Maine Public Employees Retirement System
Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 349
Augusta, Maine 04332-0349
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds