The City of Biddeford, dubbed as Maine’s most resurgent community, is seeking a dedicated, hands on individual for the position of Airport Manager. Officially Maine’s youngest community, you would become a key part of a team that is guiding the economic revival of the community. You will need to be highly motivated, talented and have a great desire to make a difference in the daily lives of citizens to be successful in our fast paced and exciting work place.
Ideally located along the I-95 corridor, Biddeford is conveniently situated 15 miles south of Portland and 90 miles north of Boston. Just a few miles east of the city center lies a magnificent coastline with long stretches of sandy beaches framed by rocky promontories. You will not just be joining a great work place but you will become an integral part of a highly desired Maine community.
The Airport Manager serves as liaison between the City and the tenants of the airport and is expected to:
- Assist in the determination of needs for current and future development of aviation facilities, including construction projects and repairs
- Conduct daily inspections; coordinate NOTAMS for airport closures due to weather, construction or safety conditions
- Develop, administer and enforce airport policies to ensure safe and efficient operations
- Manage collecting fees, tracking aircraft inventory and moving aircraft on the ramp as well as in storage hangers and working with public on sale of aviation fuel
- Provide minor maintenance services such as mowing, snow removal and maintenance of city owned airport lighting systems and office facilities
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of FAA regulations and airport management preferred
- Most possess a valid Maine driver’s license; must have and maintain a good driving record
Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: Human Resources, City of Biddeford, 205 Main Street, Biddeford, Maine 04005 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of submitted required materials will begin on October 21. The position will remain officially open until filled.
The City of Biddeford is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds