The purpose of this position is to provide routine custodial, grounds keeping, and interior and exterior maintenance work in connection with the care and upkeep of the Cumberland County emergency management agency complex.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Maine Driver’s License
- General knowledge of cleaning materials and methods.
- Basic knowledge of trades including plumbing, electrical, carpentry, etc.
- General knowledge of lawn maintenance.
- Ability to understand and follow oral instructions.
- Ability to perform maintenance and repairs to buildings and equipment.
- Basic skills in performing preventive maintenance on buildings and equipment.
Cumberland County offers an excellent and comprehensive benefits package and is proud of its talented and dedicated workforce. Come join our team and culture of engaged employees. Our strong management team is dedicated to providing employees with inspiring leadership, a positive and friendly workplace, support, encouragement and the necessary tools for success. We offer tuition reimbursement, wellness program, and professional development and training opportunities.
This is a 25 hour a week part-time position. Pay range $14.77-20.12/hour, depending on qualifications and experience.
Applications accepted until position is filled. For a complete list of responsibilities, or to download an employment application, please visit www.cumberlandcounty.org/Jobs.
Interested applicants please submit a cover letter, resume and Employment Application via mail, fax, or email to:
Human Resource Department
142 Federal Street, Suite 110
Portland, Maine 04101
Cumberland County is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected Veteran status.
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds