The Androscoggin County Sheriff's Office is currently hiring for two full-time patrol deputies as part of a grant. Preference will be given to those applicants who have completed the Maine Criminal Justice Academy's Basic Law Enforcement Training Program or who can obtain a waiver.
In addition the successful candidate must:
- Have passed the Maine Criminal Justice Academy’s (MCJA) ALERT test.
- Successfully passed the MCJA physical agility pre-entrance test.
- Be a minimum age of 21 years old (or 20 years old with at least 60 college credit hours);
- High School diploma or equivalent;
- Possess a valid Maine driver's license;
- Pass a thorough background check, polygraph exam, and psychological test;
- Be in good physical condition/health;
- Minimum of Phase I and Phase II of the MCJA pre-service training program, or be eligible to receive a waiver from MCJA preferred.
Salary range is $19.35 to $22.04 per hour depending on experience. Additional compensation for college degrees and night shift assignments.
Applications are available at https://www.androscoggincountymaine.gov/employment/employment.htm, or by contacting Sandy Berube at (207) 753-2526 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applications is August 10, 2020 at 4:00 pm.
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds