Opening Date: July 31, 2020
Closing Date: August 28, 2020
Job Description: Human Resource Manager
Maine Rural Water Association seeks highly motivated applicants for position of Human Resource Manager. Position will be responsible for the development, implementation and administration of human resource programs for the Association personnel, as well as provide outreach and education to Association water and wastewater utility members.
The successful applicant will have superior interpersonal and organizational skills, be well versed in performance management, labor relations, employee misconduct/performance monitoring, as well as possess strong record keeping and documentation skills.
Candidates should also possess skills to assist in succession planning, on-boarding and employee retention. Must be familiar with local, state and federal regulations.
The successful applicant will possess the following (or equivalent):
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations, Organizational Development, business or related area, relevant work experience may be a substitution
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of a broad range of HR strategies and practices including compensation, performance management, safety, record retention, employment practices
- Demonstrated understanding of worker’s compensation, Family Medical Leave Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, etc.
- Knowledge of COVID 19 regulations, executive orders, and federal requirements/guidelines
- Experience with analyzing data to guide strategic employment planning
Successful applicant must be able to provide relatable, on-site technical assistance to Maine’s water and wastewater utilities. Statewide travel required.
Please send cover letter, resume and salary history to the attention of Kirsten Hebert, Director, Maine Rural Water Association at PO Box 263, Richmond ME 04357 or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In accordance with Federal Law and USDA Policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability (not all prohibited bases apply to all programs). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds