_____________Sanford Police Department____________
2020/21 Ford Police Interceptor Utility (2 Units)
The Sanford Police Department, Maine is accepting sealed bids for TWO new 2020/21 Ford Police Interceptor Utility vehicles. Bids will be accepted in a sealed envelope, clearly marked Ford SUV BID, by the Chief of Police in the form of mail or in-hand at,
Sanford Police Department
Chief Thomas Connolly, Jr.
935 Main Street
Sanford, ME 04073
- Bids will be accepted until 4:00 pm on Wednesday September 30th, 2020. Bid awards will be made pursuant to the City of Sanford’s Purchasing Policy and announced at a subsequent City Council Meeting.
BID- TWO (2) Ford Interceptor Utility AAWD (K8A), in Agate Black (UM), with 3.7 V6 (99B), Cloth Bucket Seats and Vinyl Rear Bench in Black (96), Equipment Group (500A), Heated Mirrors (549), Cargo Dome Light (17T), Police Engine Idle (47A), Reverse Sensing System (76R), Courtesy Disable (43D), Driver’s LED Spotlight (51R), ***Keyed alike 1284X (59B). **See Specifications below for further details**.
- All bids will include TWO values:
- The cost of the desired vehicles with NO trade-in vehicles.
- The cost of the desired vehicles with the following trade-in vehicles.
Vehicle 1: 2018 Ford Police Interceptor Utility, VIN 1FM5K8AR9JGC96782
3.7L V6 Engine / 6-Speed Automatic transmission, Equipment Group 500A. This vehicle is painted black decaled with white wrap. As of 09/09/20 this vehicle has 58,000 miles and will be used daily until replaced.
Vehicle 2: 2018 Ford Police Interceptor Utility, VIN 1FM5K8AR1JGA15669
3.7L V6 Engine / 6-Speed Automatic transmission, Equipment Group 500A. This vehicle is painted black decaled with white wrap. As of 09/09/20 this vehicle has approximately 63,000 miles and will be used daily until replaced.
Screening of the trade-in vehicles can occur by appointment. Pictures are available upon request.
Contact Lt. Andersen, preferably by email at: clandersen @sanfordmaine.org
or by phone at 324-9170 ext 211
3. All bids shall include the proposed price of the new vehicles and any associated fees with the final sale.
4. All Vehicles will be delivered to the Sanford Police Department and all transaction/transfer paperwork associated with the purchase of these vehicles will be completed in Sanford with the Finance Director.
5. The City of Sanford is a tax exempt government entity.
6. All bids shall be based upon the price available to the City of Sanford to make a purchase of two specifically equipped 2020/21 Ford Police Interceptor Utility vehicles outlined in the specifications herein.
7. The City of Sanford does not accept any bid as a contract to purchase or as a promise to purchase the specified vehicle(s) in this advertised process.
8. Bids for alternative vehicles will not be accepted.
2020/2021 FORD POLICE INTERCEPTOR UTILITY (Ford Order Code K8A)
3.7L V6 Ti-VCT FFV AWD (Ford Order Code 99B)
Black Exterior (Agate Black – Ford Order Code UM)
Interior Package Charcoal Black Cloth Front / Vinyl Rear – (Ford Order Code 96)
Standard Wheel Package – 5-spoke painted w/ center caps
Keyed-Alike 1284X – (Ford Order 59B)
License Plate Bracket Front – (Ford Order Code 153)
Dark Car Package – (Ford Order Code 43D)
Police Idle Feature – (Ford Order Code 47A)
Reverse Sensing System – (Ford Order Code 76R)
Dome Lamp in Cargo – (Ford Order Code 17T)
Driver’s Only LED Spotlight – (Ford Order Code 51R)
Mirrors Heated – (Ford Order Code 549)
***Desire Rearview camera to be displayed in center stack (Standard) NOT option 87R in Rearview mirror.