Join Our Department!
The Westbrook Fire & Rescue Department is a “combination” department in the Portland, ME Metro Region. WFRD currently has authorization for 42 Career, 37 Per-Diem and 20 Call Company Members. Our goal is to maintain an elite staff of part-time and career professionals to provide exemplary service to the citizens and visitors of our community.
It goes much deeper than just firefighters; it requires chief and line officers, administrative staff, human resources, emergency vehicle technicians, communication and technology personnel and a host of strategic partners to ensure our continued success. It is capped by an aggressive outreach education and communications program to keep everyone informed on how the Westbrook Fire & Rescue Department is impacting the community we serve.
If you are skilled in providing emergency medical services and firefighting work, and you want to make a positive difference in the community you serve, this may be the rewarding career you are looking for.
The City of Westbrook is currently seeking career Firefighter/EMT, AEMT or Paramedics. Interested individuals should submit letter of interest, resume, copies of licenses/certifications, and an application. The Fire and Rescue Application can be downloaded at http://westbrookmaine.com/278/Forms-Applications.
The City of Westbrook offers a very competitive salary and benefits package that separate us from other departments in the State. Our goal is to hire the best and brightest candidates based on their desire to fulfill our minimum requirements.
The culture within our department is different from most, so if you demand only the best from yourself personally and professionally, and expect it from others, then we definitely want to become a part of our growing team.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements for Career and Part-Time Members:
- 18 years old by deadline of job posting
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- State of Maine or Proboard Firefighter I. Firefighter II preferred.
- Emergency Medical Technician licensure from the State of Maine. AEMT or Paramedic preferred
- Physical Ability Test
- Written Exam
- Oral Interview
- Final Interviews with Chiefs
*Each component must be successfully completed to move onto the next component. Minimum score of 70 must be obtained on the written exam.
Annual Full-Time Minimum Compensation
- Entry Level Firefighter/Paramedic - $45,119.36 plus any stipends received for education/certifications
- Lateral Entry (Step 3) Firefighter/Paramedic - $52,655
*The above annual salary excludes any overtime, detail pay, or stipends that may be received for education/certifications
- Generous employee health, dental and vision plans
- Paid sick and personal time off (vacations)
- MPERS 25 year, no age retirement at 2/3 pay or 10% match to ICMA (401A)
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Extensive training and advancement opportunities
- 4 shift rotation. 24 hours on, 24 hours off, 24 hours on, and 120 hours off.
Your application packet should be submitted to Debbie Comeau, HR Generalist, at email@example.com by 5:00 pm, Friday September 24, 2020.
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds