Municipality: Town of Benton
Position Title: Deputy Town Clerk/Counter Clerk (Anticipated Vacancy) - Full Time
• Work hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
• Paperwork hours Monday 8:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. (office counter closed), counter opens at 10:30.
• As required supports evening hours on Monday to cover the shift, in this case work hours will be 10:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Salary/Wage: Starting pay is $15.50-$17.00 per hour based on experience.
• Medical - Town of Benton participates in the Maine Municipal Employees Health Trust, see https://www.memun.org/Insurance-Services/Maine-Municipal-Employees-Health-Trust. Benefit summary to be provided at time of interview.
• Holidays - Twelve (12) paid holidays
• Vacation - Two (2) weeks paid vacation after completion of one year of service.
• Other Paid Leave - Full-time employees will be allowed up to ten (10) sick days per year, and up to three (3) non-cumulative bereavement days per year for immediate family, and one (1) paid bereavement day per year for non-family.
The Town of Benton, Maine (population 2,700) is seeking an energetic and dedicated candidate for the position of deputy town clerk / counter clerk. The deputy town clerk is responsible in assisting the town clerk with local and state elections, vital records, dog licenses and serves as the Deputy IFW Agent and Deputy Motor Vehicle Agent. Other duties include tax collections, and other various municipal reports and duties.
This position works closely with the Town Clerk, Board of Selectmen, and Treasurer. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated professional who enjoys working with the public, a person who has excellent attention to detail, public presentation, and communication skills.
Please send cover letter, resume, and three (3) references to Benton Town Office- 1279 Clinton Ave. Benton, ME 04901 Attn: Deputy Town Clerk/Counter Clerk Position. Items may be emailed to email@example.com. Review of resumes will commence immediately and will remain open until the position is filled. The Town of Benton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a responsible office position, demonstrating increased responsibility, with strong bookkeeping and/or accounting duties.
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience with TRIO software or similar accounting software.
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience with MS Office Suite including; MS Word, MS Excel, etc.
• Ability to complete certification and continuing education to stay abreast of the law changes and requirements. Within six (6) months of employment the employee must complete the following Maine Town & City Clerks’ Association; 1) new clerks training, 2) vital records training, 3) title 30A town meeting & elections, 4) municipal law for clerks training. Specifics for this training can be found at https://www.mtcca.org/training/on-demand-training/ or provide documentation that the continuing education is complete.
• Strong demonstrated communication and customer service skills.
• Must be certifiable as a Bureau of Motor Vehicle Agent
• Experience with MOSES (Inland Fisheries and Wildlife) software
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds