Municipality: Town of Benton
Position Title: Motor Vehicle Agent/Counter Clerk (Anticipated Vacancy) Full Time
- Work hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Tuesday - Friday
- Work hours are 10:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Monday
- Half hour (unpaid) lunch daily
Salary/Wage: Starting pay is $15.50-$17.00 per hour based on experience.
- Medical - Town of Benton participates in the Maine Municipal Employees Health Trust, see https://www.memun.org/Insurance-Services/Maine-Municipal-Employees-Health-Trust. Benefit summary to be provided at time of interview.
- Holidays - Twelve (12) paid holidays
- Vacation - Two (2) weeks paid vacation after completion of one year of service.
- Other Paid Leave - Full-time employees will be allowed up to ten (10) sick days per year, and up to three (3) non-cumulative bereavement days per year for immediate family, and one (1) paid bereavement day per year for non-family.
The Town of Benton, Maine (population 2,700) is seeking an energetic and dedicated candidate for the position of motor vehicle agent / counter clerk. The motor vehicle agent is responsible for assisting the town treasurer / tax collector for all financial and tax collection transactions, billing and financial reporting. Is responsible office administration, serving as the Motor Vehicle Agent and IFW Agent. Other duties include utility billing, official town communications, and other various municipal reports and duties.
This position works closely with the Treasurer/Tax Collector, Board of Selectmen, and Town Clerk. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated professional who enjoys working with the public, a person who has excellent attention to detail, public presentation, and communication skills.
Please send cover letter, resume, and three (3) references to Benton Town Office- 1279 Clinton Ave. Benton, ME 04901 Attn: Motor Vehicle Agent/Counter Clerk Position. Items may be emailed to email@example.com. Review of resumes will commence immediately and will remain open until the position is filled. The Town of Benton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a responsible office position, demonstrating increased responsibility, with strong bookkeeping and/or accounting duties.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience with TRIO software or similar accounting software.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience with MS Office Suite including; MS Word, MS Excel, etc.
- Strong demonstrated communication and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated experience with website administration.
- Must be certifiable as a Bureau of Motor Vehicle Agent
- Experience with MOSES (Inland Fisheries and Wildlife) software.
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds