The County Administrator works at the direction of the County Commissioners and is responsible for the effective operation of County business. The Administrator is expected to be knowledgeable in all County functions by maintaining professional relationships with department heads, elected officials, staff, vendors, and the public to ensure that the Commissioners are kept up to date on relevant matters.
- Develops County budget in conjunction with the Commissioners, department heads/elected officials, and the budget committee
- Reviews and approves purchase order requests while making sure expenditures remain within budget
- Understands the function of each County department and supports their smooth and effective operations
- Ensures that County policies and labor contracts are enforced, and that evaluations are done annually
- Serves as the County’s Personnel Officer, Affirmative Action Officer, and FOAA Officer
- Advises the Commissioners during meetings by providing current and relevant information pertaining to County business
- Oversees Airport and Unorganized Territory operations
- Supervises the Administration Office staff
- Four-year college degree in public administration or similar filed (or equivalent experience)
- Extensive experience in governmental management
- Five years of experience in an executive level management position
- Background in personnel and finance management
- Excellent communication and public relations skills (both orally and written)
- Ability to maintain positive internal relations and direct, supervise, and motivate employees
- Strong conflict resolution skills
Knowledge of legislative and county government operations and three years of experience in public sector or non-profit environment preferred.
Oxford County offers a competitive benefit package including paid time off, fully paid health insurance for full-time employees, and optional membership into Maine State Retirement.
Salary will be determined based on experience.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit a detailed cover letter and resume to:
Oxford County Commissioners’ Office
Attn: Abby Shanor or by email at email@example.com
PO Box 179
South Paris, ME 04281
Deadline to apply is 4:00pm on October 16. Please contact the Commissioners’ Office at 207-743-6359 with any questions.
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds