Town of Berwick
11 Sullivan Street
Berwick, Maine 03901
Seasonal Laborer/ Truck Driver
Public Works Foreman
Range of Pay
Commensurate with Experience
Public Works laborer/ truck driver is responsible for performing a variety of arduous manual labor tasks such as bending, climbing, lifting, pushing and pulling of heavy objects in the construction, and/or maintenance of roadways and Town property. This position is exposed to the elements of Nature.
Duties and Responsibilities
This position performs a variety of manual semi-skilled tasks associated with the maintenance and repair of Town streets, which requires the ability to operate equipment, small and large trucks, and to work effectively with other crew members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to work long hours as necessary to meet weather related issues. Winter storm work will involve long hours under severe weather conditions.
- Operate small trucks and equipment up to 26,000 lbs. gross vehicle weight to perform a variety of tasks.
- Work with other crew members to perform work tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Learn and follow department policies and procedures governing work performed.
- Learn the operation of other department equipment, as time permits.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Clean driving record
Class B and or C licensing
All qualifications must comply with provincial human rights legislation.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Other Characteristics: Must be personable and interact appropriately with all Municipal employees and Residents of Berwick.
CDL Class B license and submit to random drug testing
Tools & Equipment
Various hand tools
Operation of loader, backhoe, and dump trucks
Will be subject to inclement weather such as rain, sleet, ice and snow.
Must be able to lift 75 lbs. or more. This position requires long periods of standing and or sitting.
This position reports directly to the Public Works Foreman
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds