The City of Presque Isle currently hiring for one (1) new Firefighter/Paramedic.
This is an entry level Firefighting position with the City and an outstanding opportunity for a dynamic motivated professional to become a valued member of an innovative, progressive, fire department. Presque Isle Fire Department serves approximately 75 square miles, with a population of roughly 9,800 night time residence increasing to roughly 20,000 day time population, successful candidates primary function will be providing EMS care through 911 responses, fire suppression, airport firefighting, fire prevention, life safety inspection, Haz-Mat Decon While working a 24 / 48 shift schedule.
This position offers a comprehensive benefits package, including a 25 year 2/3rd no age retirement plan, wage step increases, employee and family medical health coverage, paid vacation and sick time.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED. College degree from an accredited university preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Firefighter II Preferred.
- Current Maine Paramedic License or be currently enrolled in a Paramedic program with a completion date of 12 months.
- Current EMT or Advanced EMTs will be considered, required to obtain Paramedic License within 24 months.
For your invitation to become a member of this organization, please submit an application along with your resume to the Human Resources Office; 12 Second Street, Presque Isle, ME 04769. Applications can be found online at www.presqueislemaine.gov and will be accepted until a suitable candidate is found.
The City of Presque Isle is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds