Downeast Community Partners (DCP) is seeking an Executive Director to serve as its Chief Executive Officer. DCP is a nonprofit organization which currently serves Hancock and Washington counties of Maine, focusing on helping low-income and at-risk residents thrive. DCP is one of 10 Maine Community Action Programs (MeCAP) dedicated to improving the quality of life of Maine people by advocating for, promoting and supporting the work of the Maine community action agencies.
The Executive Director of DCP is responsible, subject to the Board’s direction and control, for:
- Oversight of the management operations and advancement of the strategic direction of the Agency.
- Implementation of goals and policies of the Agency.
- Reporting on and advising the Board and its committees concerning the affairs and activities of the Agency.
Interested candidates should have an understanding of low-income population needs, including family and community challenges, housing development, energy assistance, transportation, early care and education initiatives. Candidates will have demonstrated relationship building in regional, state-wide or grant-funded organizations. It is expected that the successful candidate will bring a creative perspective to the position to foster growth.
Required Education, Experience/Knowledge:
- A bachelor’s degree, or the equivalent in years and experience, in addition to five or more years nonprofit senior management experience. A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate and model the organization’s mission to donors, volunteers and the overall community.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff.
- A history of successfully generating new revenue streams and improving financial results. Active development and fundraising experience. Excellent donor relations skills and understanding of the funding community.
- Strong financial management skills, including an understanding of the non-profit budget process, analysis, decision making and reporting.
Salary range is $90,000-$120,000 commensurate with skills and experience.
Qualified candidates are asked to send their resume and cover letter to Resumes@DownEastCommunityPartners.org. DCP is an equal opportunity employer.
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds