Department: Maintenance Department Job Title: Janitorial/Custodial Assistant
Classification: Non-Exempt/Non-Union Work Hours: Flexible
Pay Grade: $12.00 per hour Total Hours: 20 Hours per Week
This position assists the Maintenance Supervisor ensuring that the County Extension Office, the EOC Building and the Communications Building is kept clean, sanitary, and orderly. This position reports directly to the head of Maintenance and the County Administrator.
Duties and Responsibilities:
General cleaning may include:
• Vacuum and dust daily
• Clean bathrooms (Floors & Fixtures)
• Wash windows, floors and doors as needed
• Empty wastebaskets daily
• Set up and break down meeting rooms for departmental meetings
• Pick up catering orders from various vendors for meetings
• Maintaining supplies in employee break room
• Securing the building at night
Qualifications and Abilities:
• High School graduate or Equivalent
• Experience in janitorial duties
• Ability to work independently and handle frequent interruptions
• Ability to work discreetly around the professional activity of the Court House
• Good interpersonal skills with all County staff members
• Dependable to work schedule
• Trustworthy-Keep confidentiality between departments
• Must have basic skills to use tools and material commonly used in cleaning activities
• Maintain a professional appearance
Working Conditions and Job Hazards:
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform some of the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, twist, bend, and use hands or fingers, or reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand or sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required to do the job include near vision, and peripheral vision. The noise level varies depending upon the activities scheduled. A list of physical demands is listed below:
• Lifting boxes of supplies, up to 50 (fifty) lbs
• Lifting vacuum cleaner
• Taking bags and boxes of trash outside to container
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed.
The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Please visit Somerset County website at www.somersetcounty-me.org.
The Application period will close at 4 p.m. on Monday, March 8, 2021.
Resumes will NOT be considered without being accompanied by a Completed Application.
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds