The Farmington Police Department is looking for a full time law enforcement officer to fill the School Resource Officer position for RSU #9 in Farmington. This position is responsible for the safety and security of all staff and students as well as being a liaison between the school district and local police departments. The ideal candidate must be able to work independently, but also work as a member of the school administrative team enforcing school rules and Maine law. The School Resource Officer must also foster good relationships with staff and students thus making their social/emotional well-being a top priority to help maintain a positive and healthy school environment.
The Farmington Police Department is a well-respected, proactive, professional police department dedicated to providing community-oriented police services in Western Central Maine. Farmington is the largest town in Franklin County. Outdoor recreation is abundant with Maine Huts & Trails, snowmobiling and hiking areas including the Whistle Stop Trail as well as nearby State Parks. The Sandy River runs through the heart of Farmington providing excellent fishing and water activities.
- *Base salary for new officers starting at $41,809 and top out at $51,400.
- *Sign on bonus of up to $8,000 for current law enforcement officers certified in the State of Maine.
- *Officers with experience may be offered lateral transfers.
- *Education incentives & tuition reimbursement.
- *Fitness & specialty incentives.
- *Annual clothing allowance.
- *Medical Health Coverage.
- *Paid vacation and sick leave.
- *Excellent retirement options including MPERS 20 years, no age retirement plan with COLA and/or ICMA 457 Deferred Compensation plan.
Please direct questions regarding this position to SCOTE@FARMINGTONPD.ORG
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds