Knox County is currently looking for an energetic, enthusiastic individual interested in the position of Dispatch Supervisor. Typical duties include:
- Oversees and directly supervises all activities in the Dispatch Center; schedules, organizes, directs and evaluates other dispatchers.
- Prepares a variety of reports, including EMD Q/A and State reports and monthly safety reports.
- Completes monthly Department statistics, State EMD and NCIC Validations.
- Ensures that that all licensing and certifications for the EMD Center and its employees are accurate and update to date.
- Coordinates required employee training and maintains training records; assists in training new Dispatchers.
- Performs all of the duties of a Dispatcher.
- Provides back up to the Communications Director.
- Education, Experience and Skill Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three to four years of experience as a dispatcher; supervisory experience preferred but not required.
- Completion of the National Crime Information Center Terminal Operators course.
- Must meet N.C.I.C. Terminal Operators Certification and maintain certification.
- Must be a Licensed Emergency Medical Dispatcher.
- Must be certified as a Terminal Operator (NCIC/METRO).
- Must maintain Guardian Certification.
- ETC Certification.
- CPR Certification.
- ICS 100, 200, 300, 400, and 700.
- Must have ability to supervise an office serving the public safety community with communications for law enforcement, fire, EMS, and EMA.
- Must have the ability to communicate verbally and in writing at a high level.
- Have no criminal record and be willing to submit to both psychological and polygraph examinations.
Salary Range, depending on experience, ranges from $22.26/hour to $31.16/hour.
The County provides an excellent benefits package to full-time employees including health insurance (100% paid for the employee, and 75% paid for dependents), generous paid vacation and sick leave, attractive retirement plan, and other voluntary benefits.
Interested candidates should apply via resume and cover letter to HR@knoxcountymaine.gov no later that 1400 hours on Friday, May 21, 2021.
The County reserves the right to reject any and all applications and to select the most qualified applicant(s).
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/H
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds