DEPARTMENT: Public Works
TITLE: Part-Time Beach Attendant DIVISION: NA
FLSA: Exempt X Non-Exempt
APPROVED DATE: March __, 2021 Grade:
APPROVED BY: Town Manager
JOB PURPOSE: An employee in this position works under the close supervision of the Public Services Director and in accordance with established polices and procedures; the incumbent is responsible for assisting parks as qualified.
- be committed to the mission of the Town.
- be punctual for scheduled work, attend work regularly, and use time appropriately.
- perform duties in a conscientious, cooperative manner.
- perform required amount of work in a timely fashion with a minimum of errors.
- be neat and maintain a professional appearance.
- understand and work within the Town’s Policies and Procedures
- work harmoniously and collaboratively as a member of a team with various groups of staff depending on the issue addressed.
- accept shared responsibility with other team members to successfully accomplish goal of each team of which he or she is a member.
- assure work performed in a manner to facilitate the delivery of quality services.
- maintain confidence and protect the Town by adequately protecting confidential information.
- provide excellent customer service to all patrons and customers.
- take direction in a professional manner from the Director.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: *
- Assists in the maintenance, and repair work of bathhouse, pavilions, beach, and grounds as needed.
- Paint’s buildings, seasonal amenities.
- Maintains cleanliness of swim dock.
- Sweeps, sidewalks, bathrooms, and storage areas.
- Collects and removes trash from Town park facilities.
- Maintains all park and recreations buildings and grounds including beaches, bathrooms, roadways, and playing fields.
- Opens and closes park facilities.
- Polices waterfowl and cleans up excrement.
- Inspects park areas and ensures guest satisfaction.
- Controls and monitors activities on the beach and ensures guests abide by established park rules and behave respectfully.
- Provides direction to park guest on using facilities with care.
- Follows safety protocols at all times including the wearing of all safety clothing, shoes, and gear, ear and eye protection as required and directed.
- Maintains knowledge by studying applicable federal, state, and local ordinances as it pertains to work performed; attends education workshops; and practices skills.
- Contributes to the team effort by accomplishing tasks as needed.
- Supports the Town’s safety and health policies by attending required safety training programs; reports all accidents and suspected near misses.
- Fulfills job functions by participating as an active member in training and participates on Town’s task forces and performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Performs any and all other related duties as assigned.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by the incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to meet these physical standards.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach overhead, talk and hear. The employee is required to use hands to operate a rake, shovel, paint brushes, rollers, and 150+psi pressure washer, broom, small hand tools, wheelbarrow, other tools used in maintenance work, and pump sprayer.
The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job require close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The physical requirements described herein are representative of those that must be met by the incumbent. The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment can be loud. The work is performed mostly outdoors. Exposure to noise, dust, grease, smoke, fumes, noxious odors, gases, and all type of weather and temperature conditions; work and/or walk on various types of surfaces including slippery or uneven surfaces; incumbents may be required to work extended hours including evenings and weekends.
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS NEEDED FOR THE POSITION:
- demonstrated ability to follow directions, work independently, with contractors, municipal employees, and the general public.
- ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- excellent communications skills
- working knowledge of equipment used in the performance of the duties.
- ability to pass a pre-employment physical.
- ability to read simple instructions.
- Capable of working alone and along with others.
- work experience work in property maintenance is preferred.
REPORTS TO: SUPERVISES:
Public Service Director None
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
*External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the American With Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of reasonable accommodation to
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds