Public Safety Communications Officer
Town of Lisbon, Maine
The Town of Lisbon is seeking applicants for Reserve Public Safety Communications Officers.
Nature of Work:
This is a skilled position serving as the first line of contact for the public to access the public safety network for both emergent and non-emergent situations. The Communications Officer must be able to gather essential information from callers, and dispatch the appropriate first responders to the scene for control of critical situations. The position requires the Communications Officer to possess excellent communication skills, be organized, adept at multi-tasking, level-headed and trustworthy. Successful candidates must be professional, showing both respect and compassion when communicating with the public and those in emergency services. Reserve Communication Officers will be required to work weekend day or evening shifts and should be available to fill in at times during the week when a fulltime communication officer is not available.
- Prior experience in the Public Safety Communications field is preferred but not required.
- Experience and proficiency in the use of computers. The PSCO handles communication needs for POLICE, FIRE, EMS and other town departments as required, and must be able to handle multiple phone lines.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Willing to submit to a written examination, physical examination, polygraph and hearing exam.
- Operate a multi-line telephone console system, alerting system, and TDD system for the deaf and hearing-impaired.
- Knowledge of NCIC, MESSENGER and IMC software preferred.
- Pass an extensive background investigation.
Starting wage for Reserve Communications Officers is $16.62 per hour.
Applications are available at www.lisbonme.org or the Lisbon Town Office. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Please submit resume and cover letter along with employment application by the deadline of July 16th, 2021 at 4:00PM to Megan Lavigne, Human Resources Assistant, 300 Lisbon Street, Lisbon, ME 04250, or email@example.com
The Town of Lisbon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds