American Rescue Plan Act Financial Project Manager
(Long Term - Temporary Position)
FLSA: Exempt (Salary) (Temporary)
Annual Salary: Negotiable
Reports to: Finance Director
Class specifications are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees in the class. Specifications are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
The American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) Financial Project Manager will manage the execution of ARPA allocation received by York County. The position requires advanced knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations specifically auditing, procurement, and labor laws. The ARPA Financial Manager will be required to perform discretionary work involving legal contracts, and preparation of federal reporting documents representing the County. Additionally, the position will administer the ARPA allocation through its lifecycle and ensure proper due diligence including financial management of the program, project scope development and execution, and general assistance to management within the County.
Under the direction of the County Manager, Deputy County Manager and Finance Director, the ARPA Finance Manager will perform a wide variety of program related tasks, including but not limited to, federal reporting and compliance, record-keeping, budget and financial oversight, procurement, labor standards, coordination with various government and non-government entities, along with the creation and implementation of programs authorized under the federal legislation. In addition, the ARPA Finance Manager may perform other related duties as assigned.
This is a term position to coincide with the ARPA which expires on December 31, 2024. Opportunities for extensions may exist beyond this date.
(These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to this position.)
- Monitor ARPA expenditures and comply with federal program guidelines.
- Maintain records of all payments and manage all change requests.
- Perform research on all program issues and prepare quarterly reports for all program related activities.
- Administer program records and evaluate financial reports to analyze all annual progress and perform a review on program expenditures.
- Coordinate financial records with the Finance Director and County Manager.
- Prepare required reporting paperwork for the U.S. Department of Treasury.
- Execute program management oversight on behalf of York County; especially programmatic requirements established by federal legislations.
- Managing timelines and deliverables for projects sponsored with ARPA funds.
- Coordinate the execution of contract documents for projects sponsored with ARPA funds.
- Coordinate with other entities and individuals in the execution of York County’s ARPA program.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
This position requires effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and intermediate to advanced computer literacy.
Incumbent must possess the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Incumbent must possess the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals; effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
Incumbent must possess the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Incumbent must possess the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Incumbent must have the demonstrated ability to synthesize large quantities of complex data into actionable information. Then possess the knowledge to utilize this information in financial reporting and dining mining tools such as, SQL, Access, etc.
- Adheres to County Government Policy and Procedures.
- Performs duties as workload necessitates.
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude.
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
- Meets County Government productivity and quality standards.
- Maintains appropriate customer relations.
- Strong demonstrated use of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Proven ability to track and manage several projects and processes simultaneously.
- Self-motivated, highly organized, and detail oriented.
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Planning, Business, or related field; CPA a plus; years of experience in relevant finance field may be substituted for an advanced degree.
EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Public sector finance experience preferred but not required. Familiarity with Munis a plus but not required.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working directly with financial data. Specifically researching, analyzing, and presenting financial spreadsheets.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENT(S)
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Must successfully pass a pre-employment background check, and reference check.
- Must be able to provide proof us U.S. citizenship or legal right to work in the United States.
The physical demands described here are representative of that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit for long periods of time; walk; use hands to type for in a repetitive motion; and reach with hands and arms. As well as on occasion lift 20 pounds or more.
York County Government is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
- Interested candidates must submit a York County application, cover letter and resume to Human Resources.
- This position will remain open until filled.
- York County applications can be located and downloaded from the county website: www.yorkcountymaine.gov (They cannot be submitted online)
- Applications / Resumes can be dropped off or mailed to
York County Government
Attention: Linda Corliss
Human Resource Department
45 Kennebunk Road
Alfred, ME 04002
Physical address: 149 Jordan Springs Road, Alfred, ME 04002
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds