Town of Lisbon
The Town of Lisbon is currently accepting applications for a full-time Firefighter position. Successful applicant will be responsible to plan, organize, direct, and control fire/rescue functions within applicable laws, codes, rules and regulations and will respond to emergency fire, rescue, and medical incidents. Employees of this class provide support functions, including vehicle and equipment maintenance, emergency response, recording and reporting duties. A full job description is available upon request.
- Must reside within 20 minutes of the Town of Lisbon for call response time
- Possession of current in good standing State of Maine driver’s license.
- State of Maine EMR license.
- Possession of Maine Firefighter I or equivalent
- Pump operations or equivalent
- Haz-Mat Operations in accordance with OSHA regulations
- Meets NIMS requirements for firefighters
- Ability to pass medical screening and be fit tested to wear N95 respirators and Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus masks.
- Ability to successfully pass a background investigation, and medical screening prior to employment and thereafter in intervals determined by the Lisbon Fire Department
- Must have experience in dealing with the public, good communication and computer skills
- This is a full-time, non-union, non-exempt position. The regular work schedule will be Monday through Friday, 8 am to 4:30 pm. Alterations to this schedule may occur with 2 weeks advance notice, as deemed necessary by the Fire Chief.
- The employee will be required to respond after hours in the event of a first alarm or greater incident, or at the discretion of the Fire Chief.
- The employee will be required to attend required meetings and trainings, at times scheduled outside regular working hours.
Preference will be given to applicants with the following certifications:
- EMT license
- Firefighter II or equivalent
- Fire Instructor I or equivalent
- Fire Officer I or equivalent
The starting pay range for this position will be $19.58 to $22.00 per hour, depending on experience and qualifications. The Town of Lisbon offers a generous paid time off and benefits program, including retirement with employer match, health, dental, vision, income protection, and life insurance options.
The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Employment applications are available at the Town Manager’s Office, or at www.lisbonme.org. To apply please submit an employment application, cover letter and resume to Human Resources, Town of Lisbon, 300 Lisbon Street, Lisbon, ME 04250, or email@example.com.
The Town of Lisbon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds