Joint Board of Selectmen of the Georges River
Regional Shellfish Management Organization
The Joint Board is seeking applicants for the position of Shellfish Warden for the Towns of Cushing, Thomaston, South Thomaston, St George, and Warren.
The position is for 30 hours a week and pro-rated compensation time. Position provides single health insurance.
Truck, boat, and uniform is provided and any other equipment needed to perform the duties.
Nature of work:
- Enforcement of the town’s Shellfish Ordinance as it pertains to clams,
quahogs, and mussels as well as all pertinent State Statutes.
- Maintains enforcement of closed areas for pollution, conservation, and
any directives from the Department of Marine Resources.
- Attendance at the Shellfish Committee the first Monday of each month.
- Attendance at the Joint Board meeting the second Thursday of each month.
- Written monthly reports of all activities and enforcement actions.
- Performs related work as required.
- Ability to deal and converse with all types of people.
- Ability to establish good public relations.
- Must hold a valid Maine Driver’s license.
- Capable of carrying out the physical requirements of working through mud
flats during periods of changing weather.
- Must satisfactorily complete the mandated Marine Warden training as provided
by the Department of Marine Resources during March each year.
Applications can be picked up at the St George Town Office, 3 School Street, Tenants Harbor, Maine.
Please send resume to: Town of Saint George
c/oJoint Shellfish Board
PO Box 131
Tenants Harbor, Maine 04860
If you have any questions, please contact Dan Staples at 691-8000.
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds