Code Enforcement Officer
Town of Lisbon
The Town of Lisbon, Maine is seeking experienced candidates for the position of a full-time Code Enforcement Officer. This position is responsible for administrative and technical work in carrying out building and plumbing inspections, securing compliance with code and zoning regulations, and assisting in the planning and site plan review process. This position also coordinates and supervises the work of the electrical inspector.
This position is responsible for issuing building, plumbing and demolition permits; conducting building and plumbing inspections; enforcing the state and municipal zoning ordinances; maintaining liaison with appropriate state and local agencies; maintaining departmental records and reports. Attends all meetings of the Planning Board and Board of Appeals; processes all requests for variances, subdivision, conditional use permits, flood plain review and shoreland zoning permits; renders professional planning and legal advice; reviews plans and makes recommendations; drafts revisions of ordinances; prepares and records plans and certificates at the Registry of Deeds; ensures that all required notices are given. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Town Manager with considerable independent judgment and discretion in accordance with applicable laws and ordinances. Work is reviewed through reports, discussions and results achieved.
- Computer literacy and experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Must possess valid motor vehicle operator's license.
- Knowledge of planning and zoning principles, legal interpretation, methods of construction and technical code interpretation;
- Working knowledge of federal and state statutes with respect to building construction, zoning, fire prevention and environmental issues; or
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience which demonstrates possession of the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Maine Local Plumbing Inspector or ability to soon become certified by the State of Maine.
- Maine Code Enforcement Officer or ability to soon become certified by the State of Maine.
- 80K and MUBEC certified or ability to soon become certified by the State of Maine.
- A construction and plumbing background are strongly recommended but not required.
- College degree in building technology, public administration, or planning is desirable.
Starting salary is negotiable based on experience with a comprehensive benefits package. Applicants should send or email a cover letter and resume no later than July 30, 2021 to:
Diane Barnes, Town Manager
300 Lisbon Street
Lisbon, ME 04250
The Town of Lisbon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds