The City of Bath, Maine, listed as one of the “Best Small Cities in America” and was deemed a “Distinctive Destination” by the National Trust for Historic Preservation, is seeking qualified candidates for the position of City Manager.
Bath operates a City Council/City Manager form of government. The Council is seeking a leader with strong budget and financial management skills, knowledge of grant preparation and administration, and a demonstrated commitment to economic and community development. Bath has a population of 8300 and a municipal budget of approximately $17.4 million and employs 131 people.
The City Manager’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Carries out the directives of the City Council; prepares reports and written recommendations as part of these activities.
- Serves as Personnel Director for the City; hires, evaluates and directs the City's staff as outlined in the City Charter.
- Develops and monitors the budget and all financial affairs of the City; works closely with department heads in the development of a comprehensive budget and work program.
- Serves as liaison and facilitates communication between the City Council and various public and private agencies and businesses and the citizens of Bath.
The City Manager’s job requirements include but are not limited to:
- Thorough knowledge of municipal management, municipal government programs, constituent and community related issues, and decision-making processes.
- Thorough knowledge of municipal financial management and accounting procedures, budgeting and City investments.
- Thorough knowledge of state and federal programs.
Candidates should possess a Bachelor's degree in a related field, but candidates with
comparable work experience are encouraged to apply. A salary range is commensurate based on experience and training. Complete job description is available online www.cityofbath.com
Please direct all correspondence to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Bath City Council, Re: City Manager Search, 55 Front Street. Bath Maine 04530. Resumes and cover letters are due August 6, 2021.
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds