Millinocket is looking for a Manager that will provide inspiring, thoughtful leadership for a town transitioning from a history of natural resource-based prosperity to a new, place-based economic platform that will provide steady and diverse economic growth in one of Maine’s most beautiful landscapes.
Millinocket, Maine’s Biggest Small Town, is located in Penobscot County, and is within an hour of Maine’s 3rd largest City of Bangor. It is the gateway to Katahdin, Katahdin Woods & Waters National Monument, North Maine Woods, Allagash Wilderness Waterway, and Baxter State Park. It is a wonderful community in which to live, work and play, and a great region appealing to anyone who loves the great outdoors. Millinocket has a population of 4,100 and a municipal staff of 44 full time staff and 40 part time staff. Its annual budget, excluding schools, is $6.9 million and it has a separate Enterprise Wastewater Budget of $2.5 million. It operates under a Town charter with a 7-member Town Council/Town Manager form of government. Councilors are elected for 3-year staggered terms.
The following areas of knowledge, skills and abilities are essential:
- Having strong vision, out-of-the-box thinking, clear and demonstrable skills in leadership, and ability to bring concepts to reality.
- Thorough knowledge of management and administration, including personnel Management, financial management policies and practices and with significant experience in communicating with a diverse stakeholder group. Public administration.Experience is a major plus but if candidate has experience in these core skills, they are encouraged to apply
- The ability to interpret and apply municipal policies and procedures, Town ordinances and Federal and State statutes.
- Ability to plan, organize, supervise and inspect the work of professional, technical and support personnel.
- Ability to listen to constituent issues and to prioritize and communicate effectively.
- Ability to delegate responsibility.
- Ability to prepare and present technical and statistical reports.
- Ability to negotiate and resolve disputes effectively.
- Ability to exercise creativity and initiative in resolving Town problems and issues and in carrying out administrative responsibilities.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, Town officials, the business community, community partners, the general public and State, Regional and Federal officials and the community.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
Bachelor’s degree in related field, with Master’s Degree a plus; 10+ years senior management experience (in municipal government a plus); OR any equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates possession of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Salary range $85,000 to $120,000, depending on qualifications
For further information concerning Millinocket and the Manager’s job description, please go to www.millinocket.org.
Position open until filled. Submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to:
Millinocket Town Manager Search
Eaton Peabody Consulting Group
Attn: Don Gerrish
77 Sewall Street, Suite 3000
Augusta, Maine 04330
The Town of Millinocket is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds