Town of Whitefield is seeking an Office Clerk / Deputy Clerk Part time 15 hours per week
Nature of work:
- Primary Duty is Customer Service Counter - Assisting in day-to-day duties.
- Employee has considerable contact with the general public.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Waits on counter, answers questions, and gives out information requested on property or excise taxes or motor vehicle registrations.
- Processes, collects and records property tax payments and issuing receipts.
- Processes new motor vehicle registrations and re-registrations; facilitates transfer of plates or issues new plates and stickers and IF & W Snowmobile & ATV registrations.
- Answers routine telephone inquiries.
- Assists with voter registration and election duties.
- Performs related work, typing, clerical, and record keeping duties as required.
- Participates in the issuance of various licenses, including marriage, IF & W Hunting and Fishing, Dog, etc.
- Maintains a record of all transactions and balances at the end of the day.
- Performs other duties and assignments as directed.
Requirements of Work:
- Good customer service skills and computer skills and comfortable with Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of cash processing procedures designed to assure accurate handling of cash payments, daily cash reconciliation. Knowledge of modern office procedures, practices and equipment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other Town officials, employees and the general public.
Work is performed under the general guidance of the Administrative Assistant but requires the ability to work independently following established procedures and routines. Previous experience is preferred, but not necessary. Must be flexible with regard to working other than regularly scheduled hours in order to cover for vacations, illness, or workshops.
To apply send a cover letter, resume and application to: Town of Whitefield
36 Townhouse Road
Whitefield Maine 04353
Or Email it to: email@example.com
Deadline for receiving Applications: until position is filled.
Applications are available at the Town Office and on the website: https://townofwhitefield.com/employment/
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds