The City of Bangor has a great opportunity in their Information Services/Technology Division for an IT Technician! This position supports City of Bangor departments and facilities with a focus on workspace systems including; tablets, PCs, and associated peripheral devices.
Some of the specific duties of this position include:
• Installs, maintains and provides technical support and training for personal computers and associated devices including; desktops, laptops/notebooks, tablets, mobile units (MDT’s), operating systems, equipment and applications with all City Departments and Divisions.
• Responsible for documenting all new and existing systems, procedures, and network diagrams as assigned.
• Assists with local server system maintenance, including hardware / software installation and/or upgrades
• Supports anti-virus applications installed on all systems (servers and user desktops).
• Supports backup/restore hardware, software and IT policies pertaining to data and system backup.
• Installs and assists with CCTV Camera Systems, and assists with the management of Access Control Systems.
• Instructs users on various IS systems and IS standards and policies for system users.
An ideal candidate for this position will possess: a degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field of study; and/or any combination of training and experience that provides the necessary skills, knowledge and abilities; knowledge of desktop computer architecture and its components; knowledge of various Operating Systems, such as Windows, Linux, and some familiarity of VMWare; basic understanding of networks and system diagnostic tools for networking; and experience with Microsoft Office Professional Products (Word, Excel, Access, and Exchange), Adobe Software, and Anti-virus and Anti-Spam application software. A high degree of discretion when working in sensitive areas and good communication and interpersonal skills are highly desirable; as well as the ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
This is a full-time position with a salary range of $25.01 to $33.60, based on a 37.5 hour work week. Some of the benefits of working for the City of Bangor include:
• Stable work environment that supports the local community
• Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
• Variety of health insurance plans available, including low-deductible/low copay plans with the City paying up to 80% of insurance premiums
• Low cost dental and vision insurance
• Retirement plan with generous employer contribution
• Variety of assignments and work locations, depending on City IT needs
• Wellness program incentives for preventative care and healthy eating voucher program through local farmer markets
A completed City of Bangor application must be received at the Human Resources Office, Bangor City Hall, 73 Harlow Street, Bangor, Maine 04401 no later than September 30, 2021. Applications by email, sent to email@example.com, are appreciated. Thank you!
Equal opportunity employer
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds