The Auburn-Lewiston Airport (KLEW) is located in Auburn, Maine. Auburn is the 4th largest city in Maine. Geographically, Auburn is a mere 45 minute drive to pristine, snow covered mountains or a breathtaking coastal Maine. KLEW is a general aviation facility that is one of the busiest in the state of Maine. The airport supports local and regional general aviation, flight training, cargo and corporate activity.
The Auburn-Lewiston Municipal Airport is seeking a qualified individual for the position of Airport Manager. Said candidate will provide leadership and day-to-day oversight of operations. The ideal candidate should have a desire to help build airport related community and economic development opportunities.
• Duties: (not all inclusive)
• Direct airport operations and maintenance.
• Develops and manages budgets, manages expenses, prepares financial
• Has the ability to negotiate terms, contracts and agreements with
contractors and lessees.
• Grant Management
• Knowledge of Strategic Planning
• Possess Human Resources and personnel training
• Government / FAA relations
• Knowledge of NOTAM's
• Implement and interpret Federal, State and local regulations.
• Market the airport to potential clients, to include corporate and private
aircraft. Increase aircraft population, rentals, etc.
• History of sales, promotions, or event planning
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Baccalaureate degree desired in airport management or related field with
certification in a recognized aviation or airport skill is desired but not
• Three years’ experience managing general aviation airports but, equivalent
experience will be considered.
• Candidate will become AAE certified within 365 days of hire.
• Pass a background check and employment health screening in accordance
with the FAA and the City of Auburn
This is a full-time position. Salary is dependent upon experience and qualifications.
Please send resume and cover letter to: Chandra Elliott, Human Resources Specialist, city of Auburn, 60 Court Street, Auburn, ME 04210. (207) 333-6601 ext. 1415, firstname.lastname@example.org. Position will be posted until filled, however, interviews will begin after 30 days.
The City of Auburn is an Equal Opportunity Employer
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds