Franklin County is recruiting for a full-time position at the Franklin County Commissioners Office. This position involves a combination of three titles: Deputy County Clerk, Deputy Treasurer, and Finance Manager. The Deputy County Clerk is responsible for assisting with the daily functions of the County Commissioners’ office in accordance with established policies and procedures. In the absence of the County Clerk, this position is responsible for serving as the County Commissioners’ agent for Franklin County, ensuring policies of the Commissioners are followed and enacted; and serves as liaison between Commissioners and Franklin County department heads and elected officials. The Deputy Treasurer is responsible for assisting with the financial management of all funds of the County in accordance with established policies and procedures. The Finance Manager is responsible administrative, supervisory, and fiscal work in the handling of County funds. This position manages the daily custody, collection, disbursement, and investment of County funds. Work involves cash management; supervising the collection of County funds, maintaining liaison with banks and the general public; and disbursing funds to cover expenditures. All work is performed under the general supervision of the County Treasurer and County Clerk with considerable independence of action in accordance with applicable laws and following governmental accounting standards.
- Minimum two-year degree in public administration, business administration, or any equivalent combination.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of governmental accounting, cash management, and general government operations.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations relating to governmental accounting, finance, and cash management.
- Experience in payroll administration.
- Ability to plan, organize, supervise, and review the work of clerical/administrative staff.
- Experience in public service.
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with education and experience. To apply for this position, please use the link provided below and attach a cover letter and resume to your application.
For a copy of the job descriptions, or questions regarding the position, please reach out to:
Tiffany Baker, Human Resources Specialist
140 Main Street, Suite 3
Farmington, ME 04938
Franklin County is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds