This position deals with a variety of paperwork, which is service to the general public. The Process Server is responsible for the processing and service of court related paperwork generated by law enforcement agencies and the court system. Work is conducted under limited supervision.
Work is performed in accordance with departmental rules, regulations, policies and administrative review. The employee is assigned to the Records Division and reports to the Director of Public Safety Communications and Records. The Director reviews work methods and results through written evaluation, personal inspection and/or discussion with the employee.
REPRESENTATIVE TASKS: (Illustrative only)
- Service of Protection from Harassment orders.
- Service of Violations Bureau Summons.
- Service of Subpoenas.
- Delivery of official city government paperwork.
- Transmittal of above to other jurisdictions.
- Assist Records Division as needed.
- Performs all other work, as directed by the Director of Public Safety Communications and Records, or higher authority.
- Knowledge of court related paperwork.
- Ability to deal effectively with general public and other law enforcement agencies.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Complies with Departmental rules, regulations, policies and standards.
- Ability to be flexible in scheduling his/hers hours to facilitate service of needed paperwork to the general public and city officials.
To apply send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds