Lincoln County Sheriff's Office
Full-Time Animal Control Officer — Special Services Technician
The Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office, located in mid-coast Maine is currently accepting applications for the position of Full-Time Animal Control Officer – Special Services Technician.
The Animal Control Officer — Special Services Technician (ACOSST) performs specialized work in the enforcement of municipal ordinances and State laws relative to the regulation and control of dogs and other animals; responds to animal control (AC) and animal welfare complaints, takes proactive preventative, and enforcement actions as needed. Separate from contractual AC obligations, the ACOSST also performs specialized work as be assigned by the Special Services Lieutenant.
The qualifications of the position are as follows:
- Up to 1 year of prior related experience handling animals.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to demonstrate quick and sound judgment.
- Ability to deal with the public and elected officials.
- State of Maine Certification as an Animal Control Officer required within first year of employment.
- Knowledge of animal control techniques and animal behavior, as well as state and municipal laws and regulations as they pertain to animal control and enforcement procedures.
- Working knowledge of computers and automated systems including Microsoft products, internet, or other law enforcement specialty software.
- Knowledge of local Lincoln County geography.
- Reserve Police Officer status preferred, but not required.
Applications may be obtained by calling the Sheriff’s Office (207 882-6576), on the web at www.lincolnso.me or in person at 42 Bath Road, Wiscasset, Maine, Monday thru Friday between the hours of 8am and 4pm. Completed application can be mailed to Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office, P.O. Box 611, Wiscasset, Maine 04578 or dropped off at the Sheriff’s Office. Additional information will be available upon receipt of completed applications.
Additional information can be obtained by contacting Lt. Michael Murphy at (207) 882-6576 between 8:00am and 4:00pm Monday thru Friday or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please enter “ACO hiring process” in the subject line.
Lincoln County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
*** PLEASE NOTE —This position fulfills contracted services Lincoln County provides for local municipalities. The continuation of this position linked to the renewal of these contracts and may be evaluated for need at a future date.
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds