Winslow Police Department – Full-Time Police Officer
The Winslow Police Department is looking to fill an immediate vacancy for the position of full-time police officer.
AGENCY BRIEF – The agency is located in central Maine and is a 24/7 emergency services agency. Winslow, being the third largest municipality of the thirty in Kennebec County offers a variety of differences than that of other similar sized agencies. The agency has a complement of full-time staff, and part-time staff and operates on mostly twelve-hour shifts with every other weekend off.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR –The agency desires a proactive, independent, and community-based officer. We encourage hard work and dedication to the profession. The agency is known for its training opportunities and above average proficiency in the law enforcement field. The person we are seeking, will have a team-oriented mindset; and must have a desire to challenge themselves, train, learn, and grow along side the rest of the agency.
OPPORTUNITIES – We seek to allow our staff the ability to have advanced training and areas of expertise in the fields that they wish to master and bring it back to the other team members. We seek for our staff to all have a part of the agency mission, collateral duties, and autonomy where they want. We allow officers to work with CID and run with their own investigations (to include drugs) if they have an interest in doing so.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS – We are looking for the right person, with the right moral character for the agency. Training that is needed, can be provided by the agency. We encourage anyone who is interested to apply, regardless of experience. The successful candidate must have passed -or- be prepared to pass:
- The Maine Criminal Justice Academy's (MCJA) ALERT test
- The MCJA Law Enforcement Pre-service Training Program, or be eligible to receive a waiver from MCJA
- The MCJA full-time academy (BLETP -or- MCBPS)
The successful candidate must:
- Be a minimum age of 21 years old (or 20 years old with at least 60 college credit hours)
- Possess a valid driver's license
- Pass a thorough background and financial check, polygraph exam, and psychological evaluation
- Be in good physical condition/health
- **if not already a graduate of the full-time MCJA** Pass a physical agility test based on the MCJA entrance standards.
BENEFITS PACKAGE – The Town of Winslow offers a comprehensive and competitive wage and benefits package, and officers are part of a collective bargaining unit.
- Medical: employee medical and dental insurance, (with an H.R.A) at no cost to the employee. Medical is through Blue Cross Blue Shield and Delta.
- Retirement options: are through the MEPERS (Maine Public Employees Retirement System) and I.C.M.A Retirement plan. Officers choosing the MEPERS plan, are eligible to retire after 25 years of service, with no age requirement. This plan allows portability between other agencies with MEPERS.
- Overtime opportunities, which in most cases is paid out at a rate of 1 ½ times that of the officers’ normal hourly rate. Additionally, there are overtime opportunities with specialized details, and grant funding etc.
- Paid holidays, vacation time, personal time, sick time, and the ability to earn compensation time in lieu of overtime hours worked.
- Generous outfitting of initial equipment and yearly clothing allowance.
- Stipends for Associates Degree, Bachelor’s Degree, and Master’s Degree as well as a stipend for prior military service.
- College tuition reimbursement opportunities.
- Lateral salary adjustment to commensurate for prior law enforcement service.
And much more. . .
IF INTERESTED – candidates must submit a cover letter, resume, and a completed Winslow Police Department employment application. Applicants are encouraged to deliver the completed documents to the agency in person, or mail them to 114 Benton Avenue Winslow Maine 04901, or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
There is no deadline for submitting applications.
The Town of Winslow is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds