JOB PURPOSE: To perform and oversee the maintenance and operation of the power, lighting, security, access control, video surveillance, telephone, UPS, and communication systems and assist with other electrical and electronics work in all county buildings as required.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Valid Maine Journeyman license
- Valid Maine Driver’s license
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of security systems and associated equipment desirable
- Knowledge of electronics and electronic control systems
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions and able to meet deadlines
- Computer literate and able to write and communicate effectively.
- A minimum of five years of post-license experience preferred
- Working knowledge of IEEE standards, fire alarms systems, telephone systems and computer networking
- All new hires must provide documentation to Human Resources that they are fully vaccinated for Covid-19 before they are cleared to start work.
- Work on power, communications, access control, fire alarm, telephone systems and data infrastructure systems in County buildings.
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment and assist with system upgrades as needed.
- Develop working relationships with some vendors and suppliers as appropriate.
- Make approved purchases.
- Document all work performed.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Participate in electrical on-call rotation.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies and maintaining a State of Maine Master or Journeyman Electrician license.
- Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related results as needed
- Supports the County’s safety and health policies by attending required safety training programs, reporting all accidents and suspected safety hazards to supervisor.
- Fulfills job function by participating as an active member of training; participating on county task forces and performing other responsibilities as assigned.
Cumberland County offers an excellent and comprehensive benefits package and is proud of its talented and dedicated workforce. Come join our team and culture of engaged employees. Our strong management team is dedicated to providing employees with inspiring leadership, a positive and friendly workplace, support, encouragement and the necessary tools for success. We offer tuition reimbursement, wellness program, and professional development and training opportunities.
The position is a 40-hour a week position, with a full benefits package. Pay commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applications accepted until position is filled. To download an employment application, please visit www.cumberlandcounty.org/Jobs.
Interested applicants please submit a cover letter, resume, PREA form and Employment Application via mail, fax, or email to:
Human Resource Department
142 Federal Street, Suite 110
Portland, Maine 04101
Cumberland County is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected Veteran status.
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds