Westbrook Public Services is hiring. We offer a $1,500 sign on bonus to be distributed in two lump sum payments.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: The starting wage range is between $19.83 - $20.96 per hour to increase to $20.54 - $24.07 in July 2022.
A comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees includes medical (PPO plan at 12% premium cost, plus HRA reimbursement), dental, and life insurance (one times base salary), an employee assistance program, generous paid leave including vacation, sick and paid holidays. The City participates in the Maine Public Employees Retirement Plan (MainePERS), OR defined 457 (ICMA) with City matching up to 6%.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Please apply online at http://www.westbrookmaine.com/jobs or by sending a cover letter and resume email@example.com
Valid State of Maine commercial driver’s license with clean driving record, Class B preferred. Will train as needed and license required after six months of employment.
Under direction, performs a variety of maintenance and construction tasks; operates all trucks, skid steer loaders, front end loaders, street sweepers, rollers, compactors, roadside mowers, wood chippers, snowplows and snow removal equipment, various types of light equipment and hand tools as required, riding and walk-behind mowers, trimmers, chainsaws and other tools related to forestry and ground maintenance services.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities (Illustrative only)
- Performs manual work common to the Public Services operations.
- Operates various construction vehicles and equipment.
- Performs snowplowing and snow removal operations.
- Performs asphalt applications, storm drainage, interments, foundations and various maintenance-related work.
- Makes minor repairs and adjustments to vehicles and equipment and performs necessary service work.
- Performs duties in a teaming concept, and communicates within the work team.
- Takes an active roll in safety and technical training programs.
- Attends and participates in routine team meetings.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm, desire, dedication and listens.
- Committed to continuous quality service.
- Customer focused and committed to quality service.
- Places an emphasis on safety, efficiency, quality and productivity.
- Treats co-workers with courtesy and respect.
- Promotes good internal and external customer relations.
- Works harmoniously with other departments.
- May participate in specific City functions such as various festivals.
- May be required to supervise a crew of helpers.
- And other related duties as required.
Education, Training and Experience
- Any combination equivalent to graduation from high school and a minimum of three years of experience in the field of construction or work relating to public works, ground maintenance and forestry.
- Ability to operate all types of trucks and light equipment common to public services operations.
- Ability to follow and understand oral and written instructions.
- Knowledge of construction and maintenance equipment techniques and characteristics of materials used in public works, ground maintenance and forestry projects.
- Ability to learn and apply safety standards and practices.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with the public and employees.
- Ability to learn, grow, and develop.
- Must possess a valid State of Maine commercial driver’s license with clean driving record, Class B.
Moderate physical effort required involving long periods of standing/walking, climbing, bending, pushing, pulling, occasional lifting of moderately heavy objects up to 80 lbs. Must be able to operate telephone, computer, and basic construction monitoring tools. Vision and hearing adequate to perform the essential function of the job are required. Capability to operate maintenance and snowplowing equipment. Must be able to work indoors and outdoors in various types of weather conditions and temperatures. Capable of working a long duration of hours.
The City of Westbrook is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in the workplace. Applicants selected as finalist for this position will be subject to a comprehensive background check.
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds